Saturday, 9 July 2016

A quilt top

From all the strips I cut a few weeks back



to the strippy blocks that I finished last week-end
before slicing them to make the pieces for the centre piece
and piecing the top
Next step was the selection of the fabric for the borders, which wasn't that easy after all,,,, I knew I wanted a dark/black thin border to frame the top
but the second border was more tricky to pick! With the help of the family, the fabric I received too late for the binding on my Stems and Stones quilt is now a border for this one!

This quilt top came together very quickly after all, and I am so proud that it is all from my stash :-)

Linking to Sew Cute Tuesday, Let's Bee Social, Whoop Whoop Friday
Celine

4 comments:

  1. This is a great layout for the strings. Unusual and clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your flimsy finish, Celine! And what a bonus that this was made entirely from your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love quilts that come from all stash! Makes me feel so good. :) Your quilt design is interesting and eye-catching. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on an all stash finish! I really love the look of this... it looks like a great scrap buster!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond to everyone. Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
There was an error in this gadget