Sashiko

I started a new project, I know another one and I really don't need another one but.... I love it and even though I started late, I am already caught up for now!

Sara at Brighton Fashion and Textile School is organising a Sashiko Sampler stitch along this summer and after I saw pictures of the first week block popping in my Instagram feed, I decided to join up too. When we went to Japan years ago I bought some sashiko kits and sadly I never made them so maybe that will give me the incentive I needed, who knows! For now, I am having fun and loving the results!

If you want to try it out, it is not too late to join in. The squares are tiny at 3' so fast enough to stitch and Sara will release one pattern per week over the summer. Plus her explanations are really clear if like me you've not tried it before!

Week 1 was mountains

Week 2 is cross-stitch

And the first 2 weeks together now
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse