Elephants Parade

Finally, one UFO crossed of my list! My elephant parade quilt is finished and gifted to my daughter!


I started this quilt in February 2015 with Lorna's quilt-along and when I made my first 2 elephant Mummy
They look at me accusingly from my design wall for a while before being moved to a box...
and after a long drought, I picked the box again in October when I cut and sew all the elephants

There was just the "other" blocks left to make at this stage, not much really... Well it wasn't until February this year that I finally finished piecing the top for quilting
And then of course we went away and there was lots to do anyway, so although this was my UFO challenge for February, I didn't start to quilt it until 28th February. It was easy and fast to quilt on the frame actually

And then I took the (stupid) decision to cut my binding 2' wide. Why? I still don't know but it was horrible to sew down by hand, just so narrow.... anyway, I did my last few stitches on Sunday, buried the threads and gave it to my daughter as a late birthday present. Of course she loves it anyway!

Quilt stats:
Fabric from my stash
Pattern from Sew Fresh Quilts
Quilted with YLI and Superior Threads
Started February 2015 - Finished March 2017

And one more OPAM for March as well as one off my Q1 FInish Along list!!
Linking to Sew Cute TuesdayLet's Bee SocialNeedle and Thread ThursdayWhoop Whoop Friday.

Celine

Comments

  1. Congratulations on a beautiful finish! Great fabric choices! I have made all the blocks on mine and just need to put them together and finish mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an adorable quilt!!! It will go down in history in your family, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the finish. It looks great. I hope to make this pattern someday. Lorna is so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great quilt! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It may have taken a while to finish this but it is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never would have thought this had taken two years, I remember you beginning it. The elephants look great

    ReplyDelete
  8. This pattern is timeless and adorable. Congratulations On behalf of the 2017 FAL hosts, thanks for linking up and sharing your work! Great Job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

I am Hesat blouse

Little more progress

September in the Hexagon!