Blackwood Cardigan

I made a Blackwood Cardigan by Helen's Closet a while ago with a fabric that wasn't quite stretchy enough. But because the cardigan doesn't close it still works! I had always planned to make another one but of course lots of glitzy newer projects took priority. So I was glad to see the Blackwood on the Sew My Style list for March. And I knew I had exactly the right fabric in my stash (and lots of it...) but the only thing is that it was a strippy fabric, which scared me a little. Anyway, I cut all my pieces in my cutting marathon at the beginning of March and like all the other pieces I cut then, it just languished here for the rest of the month.
I made a real effort on Sunday to try and finish it but in the end, I thought it would be better to take enough time and get the stripes as matched as possible. So I got to a nearly finished cardigan on Sunday but I didn't manage to finish in time for the reveal day! 
I had planned some patchwork on Monday evening but I was worried that my cardigan would lay there unfinished for ever so I just made a priority to work on it and I managed to finish it!
The stripes matching is not perfect, particularly between the sleeves and body but the cardigan is so cosy!

The fabric is really soft and I can really see it becoming a favourite item!

One first OPAM for April and one last off my Q1 FAL list!

Celine

Comments

  1. It's so cute! I'm impressed by the stripe matching. On behalf of the FAL crew, thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Blog hop and a giveaway

Dare to Dresden - Day 5