Sirocco!

I know I said yesterday that I just couldn't see myself making and wearing a jumpsuit and in the end I make two! Let me explain....

 Another big favourite in the #sewtogetherforsummer challenge was the Deer & Doe Sirocco pattern. I saw so many of them that I ended up ordering the pattern too....I rummaged in my stash and got out some black scuba fabric that had been there for quite a while...
Now I call this one my Hard Rock jumpsuit because I worked on it while the boys went to London for Metallica concert. I cut it that night and a few hours later I had a finished piece... with just one little problem... the trousers part and bodice part were back to front... so the pockets were on my bum....

Not particularly impressed, but really I should have stopped sewing a lot earlier to be honest. So I unpicked the following day and just put everything back together again. Unpicking took a lot longer than fixing the mistake of course!
Because of the nature of the fabric, I didn't hem the sleeves or the legs.
The fabric has a very nice look to it but it is not the most comfortable, I don't think it has natural fibres at all.
I love the line of it, it looks quite chic in black and I am seriously thinking of making another one in a more natural fabric..... (please send help!)
When I cut the pattern, the bodice looked quite short so I added 2' to it and also 0.5' to the waistband. I think I could easily add at least another 1' to the bodice. The bottom part fits me very well.
Jumping with joy because I made another garment this month, another OPAM and I am crossing another Q2 FAL off my list....
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!