2022 Goals settings

I'm not sure how much sewing I should plan while my sewing space is not set up, hoping that this is the only reason why I haven't been able to do hardly anything in the last few months... but on the other hand, maybe it would help to have define projects to work on... 

Anyway, beyond continuing to settle in our house and new environment, let's join Yvonne's Planning Party and look at what would be nice to achieve this year...



I participated the last 3 years but I haven't necessarily been very successful...

Quilts:

3 nearly finished that it would be nice to finish: Super Mario, Flabellum and Impromptu

Quite a few projects need some work still, maybe I could progress 2 amongst Harry Potter, Boho Heart, Gipsy Wife, Farmer's Wife, 365 challenge, Dear Jane

Maybe I will be tempted to start one or two new projects during the year, who knows...

Dressmaking:

Maybe this will be the year of finishing UFOs... Morgan jeans, Jasika Blazer, the Utility coat. I'd like to try some of the VikkiSew patterns I've bought recently too.

Accessories, bags:

I'd really like to finish my Remus bag ASAP... the Moonwake is still waiting too... maybe I'll make a few more bags. 

Cross-stitch:

The Grimm along and the Nutcracker Parade are still both a long way off. But I now have the problem that my eyesight is not as good anymore so I can't stitch anywhere, I need very good lighting...


I am sure other projects might catch my eyes and my attention along the way but who knows, maybe I'll start being a little more realistic and reasonable...

-----

Looking back at the projects I had listed in 2021, I had listed projects by categories:

Quilting 

I was hoping to finish at least 2 UFOs (top favorites were Super Mario, Harry Potter, Halo quilt and Gipsy Wife) - of these only Super Mario saw some progress as it now only needs the binding.

Not on the top favourite list but I finished my Modern HST quilt and gifted it, and the Sewing Studio banner. I also finished the Impromptu top, which now needs quilting. 

I was also hoping to finish the 2 WIP that I have started the previous Autumn: Snowflake quilt and Retro Tetro, both are finished.

Before moving I thought I'd get rid of 2 other UFOs that I will never finish. This was very successful as I got rid of at least 11.

Finally I had planned to start 2 new quilts that I had set my eyes on. I indeed stated the Fandom in Stitches new Quilt Along for 2021 and the Boho Heart pattern but both have been abandoned for months now...


Dressmaking

I was planning to finish my Morgan jeans that I haven't touched and to try and make a blouse but I never got around to it. I didn't touch the Jasika Blazer at all. 
 
On the other hand, I made the dressing gown I had planned.

Accessories, bags:

I never got started on the Moonwake but I made lots of ZWave bags as presents and some pouches too. Most of my faux leather stash came with me. 

Cross-stitch:

I made very little progress to The Grimm along and the Nutcracker Parade, a lot less than I was expecting. 

Linking to 2022 Planning Party

Celine

Comments

  1. De quoi te tenir occupée, et piocher selon les envies dans différents projets à compléter !
    Bonne poursuite d'installation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a productive year even with the disruption of a move. I wish you a lot of creative joy as you work on your goals in 2022. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

Dare to Dresden - Day 5