A year of UFO busting

 If you read me regularly, you'll know that the big event that has marked this year for me has been put move from the UK back to France after 21 years. A major change that has required some planning and organising made quite difficult by the pandemic. And of course, moving after so long and after 16 years in the same house has required some serious decluttering in all areas, including sewing and crafting supplies. And of course while going trig my stash and boxes, I have unearthed a (large) number of UFOs in various degrees of completion. I had never really considered letting go of my UFOs until probably about last year. First I never thought anyone would be interested in some partly done projects from someone else. Well, I was wrong! So I took a good look at these projects that I hadn't touched for years before deciding if they realistically had any hope to be finished one day, and as a result were worth packing and moving with us. I posted on most of those throughout the year but while I was going through my pictures earlier this month, I was impressed by how many I parted with. So I thought before I delete those pictures I could possibly celebrate those one last time!


The very first one I got rid off was the Underground Railway Sampler. This one had all the blocks and was well over 10 years old...

The next one was a set of equilateral triangle blocks that I had received as part of a swap. Probably over 10 years before as well...


Then I found some kits that I had barely started but knew I'd never finish...



Next on the list was some left over blocks from a project from about 15 years ago...

One of my first ever quilt, all sewn by hand with no regular seam allowances.... nothing like I would do now....


Heart blocks from a swap over 10 years ago. I used a few for a wedding album cover but that was it. 

And some blocks from a swap, which I was planning to make more for a quilt but never got around to it...
A set of 2 stuffed dolls that I had started over 12 years ago
Double wedding ring blocks in Christmas fabric that I started about 18 years ago before making the "real" one for my parents. 

My blocks for Just Take 2 from so many years ago, I hadn't even done a quarter of the blocks


A quilt along I started so long ago (on Yahoo groups!) that I couldn't remember the name, the pattern or anything about the project...
A stitching quilt along from 10 years ago which was missing just one block and a half of stitching but never got finished. 

Another quilt I started for my aunt over 10 years ago during a mystery night. I didn't like the arrangement of fabrics so I unpicked a lot of it and remade some of the blocks and still didn't really like it. I guess I would never like it in the end...



14 projects that have been taken out of my cupboards to be taken on by someone else.  Of course I still have lots that would need finishing but that's a good start really. 

Linking to Midweek Makers @  QuiltFabrication

Celine







Comments

  1. You know, I have a lot of "starts" that never were finished too...part and parcel of quilting I think. I have donated a lot of them and will do more de-stashing this coming year.
    Since I can no longer manage making bed sized and big quilts I am trying to only keep what I will use for smaller projects...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

Dare to Dresden - Day 5