Patchwork day

Today was a patchwork day for me. My quilting group the Log Cabin Quilters meets every week and last September started a once-month Saturday session with a tutor to make a sampler quilt or a Sew-A-Row quilt or The Underground Railroad quilt. I signed up to make the Underground Railroad quilt and attended the first 4 sessions before the birth of baby daughter. After a long break I have gone again today. It was really nice to catch up with everyone and to be able to sit down uninterrupted for a few hours to sew. By last January I had made 12 of the blocks and had 3 left to do. Well today I have (only) managed to finish my last 3 blocks. No picture ready sorry that will be for later. Too much chatting really for me to have more done, but never mind it was nice to catch with everyone. I will use the quilt-as-you-go method for this quilt. This is new to me as I never tried it. We'll see!
Most of the ladies at the session today made a very cute tiny Christmas wall-hanging. Next month, I will leave my Underground Railroad quilt to the side (most probably) to make a Christmas table runner.
And tonight I have cut some more dotty hexagons for the Pot Luck. Again you will have to wait to see my choice of fabric this time!
Till later,
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse