Dancing stars

The half-term holidays is over and we have been back for over a week but I really don't know where the time disappears. This week has been very busy at work and at home and I didn't find much time to blog or sew really. I am still playing catch up like last month with my bee blocks... I didn't think it would take me that long to get back on track but here we are, I am still trying.
Anyway, I played with solid fabric this week and made Nat's dancing stars blocks for Simply Solids Bee. I really like the look of these little stars. 

They are paper-pieced from a free pattern by Amy Ellis. I must say that reading the cutting instructions for a full size quilt had my head spinning (500+ squares in different colours!)
The blocks are not too difficult to make but a little bit fiddly if you haven't tried paper piecing before with all the triangles! They go together quite quickly, and a lot quicker that if you had to cut all the individual pieces together. I am queen Bee for November so I am now caught up with this one, yeah!

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!