Elephants galore

Finally, an old UFO has come out of the box and I have made some blocks. I am so grateful for the Lazy Bums group to push me (for the second month...) to pick it up again.

I made the 2 first elephants when the quilt-along started in February 2015. They've been waiting for some company ever since!

The blocks come together rather quickly once the pieces are all cut... Not sure why I sat on this project for so long but I have been having fun with these little elephants after all.

I made all the Mummy and Daddy elephants

and also all the babies.


It feels good to have finally made great progress on this UFO/WIP after so many months and to finish all the elephants at once, I didn't think I'll go that far!

These additional 13 blocks make a total of 23 blocks for the 350-blocks challenge.

And then, I wasn't sure whether to only keep elephants in the quilt or do keep to the original pattern. So I decided to ask the recipient and she opted for the original pattern.

So now I only need a few colored blocks to finish the top. I am planning to finish the quilt for her birthday in February.

Linking to Let's Bee Social.

Celine

Comments

  1. These elephants are really cute =) Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting back to these! Love all your Ellie's so far!! This is such a fun quilt to make. The recipient of mine was tickled pink.......after all, I made her elephants PINK!
    Have fun with this and look forward to seeing it finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it can't be that long ago, I remember you starting this, seems only a blink of an eye ago

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse