Dance bag

I was so lucky to have a sewing day last Saturday. 2 local ladies launched an appeal on FB a few weeks ago trying to gage interest for a Saturday of sewing. I signed up for it and I must admit, I wasn't disappointed. Although it was their first time, it was really well organised. 10 of us turned up doing very different projects but I think everyone had fun. Because I had a whole day, I thought it would be a good opportunity to tackle the dance bags I wanted to make for the girls. Of course, I took everything to make both bags (and more!) and of course, as usual that was over-ambitious. I had forgotten how much bags can be fiddly. Anyway, after spending most of the morning cutting the pieces (some of them wrong) I finally started sewing about lunch time. We were served a lovely hand made lunch. And after an afternoon of sewing, I had half a bag made, which wasn't bad really, but nowhere near where I had planned (hoped to be). Never mind, I went home and after the kids went to bed, carried on with my bag to finish the outside shell, yeah!
I also made the lining and followed the pattern to attach the lining to the bag ... but I decided I really didn't like the method or result. So I took it out and decided to hand sew the lining for a much neater finish.
Handles to finish it 
And we had a finished dance bag. Pattern is Blanche Barrel Bag by Swoon Pattern. This was my first Swoon pattern and I must admit I did struggle a few times with it. Hopefully the second one will be easier, because although this one is finish, I need to start all over again for my big girl. But for now, I finished one bag
and my baby girl is in love with it :-) So I am happy!
And this was my  One monthly goal as well as one of my Q1 FAL and of course, one OPAM for March.

Linking to Let's Be Social,  Whoop Whoop Friday.

Celine

Comments

  1. Before you know it you will be making bags for all the girls in the dance class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great bags! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dance bag is pretty adorable. Loving the My Little Ponies. On behalf of the Finish-A-Long crew, congrats on the finish and thank you for joining in!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Blog hop and a giveaway

Dare to Dresden - Day 5