Suki kimono

Suki was the pattern of the month for the Sew My Style challenge. I had been eyeing that pattern for a while as a cover up for my Ogden cardis so it felt like it was the right time to try it. I duly bought the pattern and raided my stash for a light woven cotton that I had bought a year ago but that was too sheer to wear on its own.

I decided to go for the Suki "short-cover" hack option from Helen's blog partly because I didn't have much fabric and also because of the use I wanted of it.

Because the fabric is really sheer, I used French seams which I thought would look neater.

The pattern comes together beautifully and is easy to make (specially this simpler version) and is also easy to wear. I finished the sleeves with hand stitching to have a neater finish.

I loved the pattern so much that I bought some cotton waffle fabric to make myself a dressing gown... now if I could also buy "time".

So my Suki wasn't finished in June but never mind, it is finished and I have already enjoyed wearing it.

One more OPAM for July and one more of my Q3 FAL list!

Celine

Comments

  1. How lovely - a great use for the sheer fabric and a beautiful finish to boot! On behalf of the FAL global hosts, thank you for participating and linking up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!