Elephants PJ

My middle daughter is growing so fast that most of her clothes get too small so quickly... She really needs new pyjamas at the moment and I had bought a stash of jersey a little while ago (like about 18 months....) just for that purpose but had not yet used it. I finally got a few of them out for her to choose and she picked this lovely bright orange with elephants. 
Making a pair of pyjamas is easy and fast, especially with a good pattern (which I have, I think this pj is my 8th one with this pattern!) and an overlocker (which I normally have but is ill at the moment). I debated whether to wait until said overlocker was fixed or not and once the pieces were cut, I just couldn't wait to make her this cheerful new pyjamas. 
So off I went to my sewing machine and assembled all the pieces over 2 evenings. I used a lovely rainbow ribbing that I bought online and that she picked for the waistband and cuffings. 
She hates any kind of labels against her skin as she finds them itchy so I picked 2 words from the jersey fabric to make labels with, just for her!
A happy girl with a new pair of pyjama that fits her and a happy mum who has used some of her stash and finished one more project in February (too late to blog!). One more of my Q1 FAL list too.

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

It is snowing...