With all the faux leather I had bought, my first idea and plan was to make a laptop sleeve for my work computer. And it actually was the last project I finished before I went on my business trip. I wanted to make it in the light green fabric but the piece was not quite wide enough so I decided to add a strip in the middle.
Assembling the piece was easy enough but of course in the inside the seams allowance were visible so I thought it would be better to line it, which I did with fabric from my stash.I wasn't sure how to finish it, also considering that the seam allowances can't really be pressed.
In the end I had to top stitch on the outside of the flap to make it stay in shape and it ended up being a little wider that I needed, so I am not entirely convinced.
Maybe I should have cut off or rounded the corners of the flap too. Although I have used it on a business trip already I am not sure if I will keep it as it is or if I might modify it....
For now, it is one more OPAM for July, my One monthly goal for July and also one of my Q3 FAL.
Linking to Whoop Whoop Friday