1296 squares

That's exactly that! 1296 squares each 1.5' in size. And these 1296 squares have been arranged in a quilt top! A Hello Kitty quilt top to be more precise! This is my second one from a pattern by Sukie (I don't think her blog is still available)

I made the first one for my daughter in 2016 and parked the rest of the squares until earlier this month. Mainly because I didn't want to makea second identical quilt soon after three first one and mainly because I needed to cut the blue squares for the border.
Anyway with an identified recipient and a deadline I was good to go. Plus my middle daughter kindly pre arranged the pieces for the blocks ready to be speed pieced. I made a few blocks every night last week and by Sunday night, I had my quilt top. Next step is to quilt of course but this has not yet happened since I was away for work all this week.

Fabric, all from my stash, all Kona Cotton. And with that I've made 36 more blocks this month!



Linking to  Wednesday Wait LossMidweek MakersNeedle and Thread ThursdayWhoop Whoop Friday

Celine

Comments

  1. Congratulations--this is definitely a work of love!! So cute--just love it hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilt! Some dear one is really going to love this! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing! Such a wonderful Hello Kitty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5