A finish quilt - Sky!

After my "quilting marathon", this week has been a lot less productive in a way... but I am happy to report that one of the 5 quilts is now completely finished and ready to be gifted.
Sky was my One monthly goal for May as I wanted to gift it to our neighbour for his 70th birthday next week.


I made this quilt from the pile of long forgotten blue blocks that I "discovered" early April when I went through a few drawers in my sewing room. 

The backing fabric was a leftover piece from another quilt, which turned out to be just the right size for this quilt.

I quilted with an all-over meander design.

And for the binding I used a guitar fabric that I had in my stash.

Quilt stats:
blocks from pre-2010, assembled 7x7 in April 2020
backing and binding from my stash
quilted in May 2020 (during lockdown) with King Tut #903
Size: 56' square

One very old UFO no more, one quilty OPAM for May and one of my Q2 FAL list.
Linking to Monday Design Wall,  Wednesday Wait LossMidweek MakersWhoop Whoop Friday and to One monthly goal

Celine

Comments

  1. Well, that worked out nicely, all around! Found blocks, a perfectly sized backing, and a fabric in the stash that worked for the binding. It's going to make an awesome gift, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish, I'm sure your neighbour is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m loving the binding! Rock On! It’s a great guy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finish. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the backing contrasts with the front, both in colour and design.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

It is snowing...