Comox trunks

Why did it take me so long to finally try this pattern, I am not sure.... I bought the Comox Trunk pattern by Thread Theory a while ago. I printed it and assembled it as well but somehow I never went further. Maybe I was put off by the number of pieces required for such a small garment. I knew it would be a great scrap buster too.
Finally I cut it out on Friday night with some leftover jersey fabric from PJ I made for my daughter and hubby. 
I even made the binding from the fabric even though I had ordered some. It was quite straightforward with such small pieces.

All the pieces were assembled on the overlocker.
I covered the elastic band seam with a piece of jersey to prevent the sides from rubbing on the skin. 

The hems are finished with a twin needle and so is the elastic band. 

And not forgetting a label of love!

Of course the piece was easy and fast to make once I started! The pattern instructions are very clear and easy to follow. There is also a sew-along on the Thread Theory blog with spme ideas to tweak the pattern.

The lucky recipient heads received his gift, now to hear if he finds it comfortable. 

One more OPAM for May and one of my Q2 FAL list. 

Linking to Whoop Whoop Friday

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!