Lahja dressing gown

 First item of dressmaking this year! Both the pattern for the Lahja dressing gown by Named Clothing and the waffle fabric have been in my stash for a long time (over 2 years I think). And finally when I saw Guthrie & Ghani monthly kit in December, for exactly this pairing, I knew I had to get those out. My current dressing gown is old and frumpy and I have been meaning to sew another one for a long while...

I was hoping to finish it in January originally but that didn't work out somehow. I cut all the pieces 2 week-end ago, ready to go but for the interfacing, which once again slowed me right down. 

So on Saturday I decided that the first thing to do was to thread my overlocker with lighter colour thread. Once that was done, I started on the pockets and ignored the first step of interfacing the collar. Once I got to the collar, I was quite tempted to skip the interfacing altogether but decided against it. I thought I might regret it if the collar turned out all floppy and I'd be really crossed with myself if I had to unpick it all. 
Of course, it didn't take very long to interface it so I am not sure why I am always put off by this step.
Construction of the robe was straightforward enough and well explained in the pattern. There wasn't anything particularly difficult.
I only had the belt and the sleeve hems on Sunday before I could claim a finish!

Of course I used a lovely label from my stash "Circa 2020", as I am sure I will keep this robe for a long time to come.

My first OPAM for February, which also happens to be my One monthly goal.


Celine



Comments

  1. I love the waffle weave fabric and it sure made a pretty robe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse