Paper pieced blocks

The second block I picked for the Fandom in Stitches quilt-along was much more involved, lots of tiny pieces and lots of pieces overall. It took quite a look time to make and also quite a few times of unpicking because I had used the wrong colour or pieced the wrong section together. But it is finally done, here is the droid D-0, 

Week 2 was about Doctor Who and I picked Tardis, again an intricate block that I haven't yet finished. Week 3 is about The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings, hitting on popular shows for this house (well not for me though!)

While working on this new project, I also retrieved a project that I pushed away last year. I had plenty of sub-pieces done for the Sewing Studio banner I started in March last year. When I got all the pieces out again, I realised I had quite a lot of sections completed, so I decided to assemble them and then to finish those that were nearly there. It is nice to now see it take shape. Plus there aren't that many pieces I need to make to be able to finish this mini quilt. Let's hope it doesn't get pushed away again!


Linking to Brag about your Beauties, Off the wall FridayPatchwork and Quilts, Oh ScrapMonday Making, Monday Design WallMidweek MakersWednesday Wait Loss

Celine

Comments

  1. Your banner is so close to finish. I hope you keep it up. You really must have worked hard to piece the D-O block. It's rather amazing. Enjoy you week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fan work! Just might have to binge The Doctor!
    Stay safe and sew on! ( -26 here so it is a quilting day!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. J'dore ton D-O ! Effectivement, c'est un bloc qui semble bien compliqué, avec plein de petites pièces. Jolie bannière aussi, et presque terminée ;-)
    Merci pour t'être connectée à la link party aujourd'hui !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fandom in Stitches is such fun! Love your sewing studio banner too. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!