A dressmaking finish

 Finally, after 1 year in this house, I've finally sewn one garment, from start to finish. Granted it's taken me 3 months but it's now wearable. I'm so happy that I've got (part of) my sew-jo back. 🙂

Back in June I selected a summer blouse pattern, the Boxy Top by Pattern Runway for Peppermint Magazine from a few years back and a piece of fabric from the anple stash I moved over a year ago. I printed and cut the pattern, washed and ironed the fabric then cut the pieces. 

They all sat there for a while and then I started sewing some pieces, which lead to using my overlocker for the first time since we moved.... and then I got stuck at the point of having to add the interfacing (a step I really don't enjoy... not sure why!)

Finally earlier this month, I picked it up again and decided it was time to finish it before the summer was over... it didn't take so long to finish really and I'm glad it's now hanging in my wardrobe!

One modification I made was to cut the top and middle pieces as one rather than two. My stripes were so thin that I worried I wouldn't be able to match them. What I forgot though was either to shorten the piece or lengthen the facing accordingly so of course it was slightly too short by the corresponding seam allowance. I managed to fix it by hand sewing pieces together for a neat finish. 

The pattern is well designed and the instructions are very clear. I like the design of the blouse. I used a very light cotton fabric so it is a perfect work wardrobe addition for hot summer days.  I found buttons in my stash too so it's all from stash!

Happy with my handmade all from my stash and for my first garment in forever! I had selected it as my One monthly goal too.

Linking to Off the wall Friday, Put your foot down, Patchwork and QuiltDesign Wall Monday, Monday MakingMidweek MakersWednesday Wait LossHappy Needle and Thread

Celine

Comments

  1. This top is very nicely made. I have not sewn a garment in years. I've had some disasters in the past, so I just stick with quilts and zipper totes, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your top looks great! I haven't sewn a garment in ages. The pattern intimidates me. I downloaded the pattern and will try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you've found your sew-jo! Such a pretty top and it's still warm enough to wear it for a while. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joli haut, et il te va bien ! J'aime bien les boutons dans le dos. Contente que ta motivation pour coudre revienne doucement !
    Bises

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!