Spanish hexies!


We had a lovely Easter week in Spain. It was so nice to feel the warmth, see the sun and the blue sky after such a loooooong winter here in the UK. We left the UK with a stomach bug (Mr Cars) and came back with it (Miss Strawberry Shortcake) so the holidays program was slightly modified but it was just great to relax and have some time and some fun with the kids. The resort we stayed in had a laundry but the washing machine were broken :-( not great with sick children but anyway, that was just a small inconvenience!


We (well mostly the kids) enjoyed 3 full days in Portaventura where they could try as many rides as they wanted as there was virtually no queue anywhere. It was very quiet in the park which was very good for us! The last day was quite cold and wet...just to remind us that we would soon be back in the cold of the UK ;-)


While away, I worked on a few hand-piecing projects, mainly with hexies.
The first "block" I completed was a flower for Irene for Get your Hex on! This is from a Romanian pattern "Flower Ball" by Geta Grama, made by a French living in the UK and on holidays in Spain for an American lady, a truly international adventure!

I also started on Irene's second block, a traditional flower for a Grandmother's garden quilt but I ran out of fabric before I could finish.

After I worked on those, I tried to play catch up with my hexies for the Inchy Flower Swap. I am nearly there. Again I ran out of fabric for one of my flowers. These are nearly done now and will be on their way soon!

I am linking up with Let's get acquainted Monday with Plum and June, hosted this week by Nat at Made in Home. Go and check her post!

Celine

Comments

  1. Lucky you to have enjoyed some sun and wamrth.
    Hope your children are now well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm Oh for some warm sunshine!
    I love your EPP flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. shame you could not bring back some sun and warmth xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the sunshine, the warmth, I forgot what that was like... Lucky you! Love our hexies. Tanks for sharing on let's get acquainted!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

I am Hesat blouse

Little more progress

September in the Hexagon!