Saturday, 4 January 2014

Farmer's Wife 2014 Challenge - will you join me?

A few years ago, I started a Farmer's Wife quilt with the intention to gift it to my Mum for her 60th birthday. Her birthday has come and gone and the quilt is nowhere near finsished. I made 13 blocks with all Kaffe Fassett fabric before deciding I didn't like my blocks because they were too busy

So I decided to stop and start again. I bought some neutral fabric for the background

But I made only 3 blocks in 2013.
What do you think left or right?
And because my progress was so slow last year, I have decided to dedicate one day a month to my Farmer's Wife blocks, hoping that I will achieve more this way. My first Saturday will be next week on 11 January and it will also be the first virtual bee for our Lazy Bums group, where I have committed to work on those blocks too. Hopefully a double commitment should help me keep focused! Now would you like to join me and play along with me? I have created a Flicker group here where we can share our progress and tips, encouragement etc. We will also try to have a monthly linky party to share our progress and keep the motivation going.
Hope to see you there!
Celine

4 comments:

  1. I'm not going to join you but I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric choices for your quilt. I think your choice on the right with the simpler background fabrics is much better. The blocks really pop and it shows off the fabric a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blocks Celine. I like more traditional looking blocks so I think the ones on the right. Have fun. xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite like the ones in neutral. I keep meaning to pick up the book as its a project I want to try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond to everyone. Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
There was an error in this gadget