Attack of the UFO

Of course the beginning of a new year always tempts me towards new projects but I also wrote down my list of 12 projects for APQ UFO challenge to try and focus on a few forgotten, long abandoned projects.
I didn't fare very well last year on that challenge as I only completed 2.
The first project I picked (which was also on my list last year) was the Modern HST quilt that I started in 2016. I worked on it again last February and was so nearly there but then I hit 2 problems.

The first one is that I don't have enough background fabric to finish my blocks. I was planing to order some but hadn't at the time. I ordered some this weekend, only to be told that it is out of stock.... so the search is still on...
The second one was that I made a mistake in the assembly of block 20, unpicked it and duly lost part of the blocks so parked it until I found it again...which finally happened at the end of last year (I know...) so I finished the block last week. First block of 2019 😊
I now have 20 completed blocks
A few more to make to be able to assemble the top but the background fabric is running very low!
Let's hope I'll get to the stage of a finished top by the end of the month before my attention gets diverted towards shiny new projects....
Linking to Let's Bee SocialNeedle and Thread ThursdayWednesday Wait LossMidweek Makers.

 Celine


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse