Lingerie

I tried bra making in November and at the same time signed up for B.Wear mystery box, because why not, right? I receive my first box in December but had little time to do more than opening the box and picking inside. 
A pattern was suggested for the box but only with very basic instructions, not the traditional indie approach of walking you every steps of the way while holding your hands that I am used to and like! So I shelved the box for "later"!

Later finaly came on Sunday when I thought about this box as my "Make something red" project for the 52-week sewing challenge group on FB. I digged it out and tried to find some inspiration/explanation before taking the plunge! I picked the very wide lace piece and cut in half lengthwise to make an insert for the front and one for the back.
The construction of the cami was easy enough, even when working with slippery fabric and I had the body finished relatively quickly, then I just needed to add the bra straps to the top and hem it with a rolled hem.
A better view of the front insert
and of the back

No photo modelling my latest make, it is far too cold...
I was really happy to make this little top, in time for Valentine! using my box, I still have quite a few bits left for other projects too so that's quite nice. And my next mystery box is on its way, I wonder what it will contain this time...
One more OPAM for January and one more of my Q1 FAL list 

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

Blog hop and a giveaway