2023 Mid Year Check-in

 Half of the year is over so it's a good time to check with the goals! I missed the quarterly check point already! Looking at what I had planned/ hoped for in December to assess whether I've made progress or just forgot about some projects altogether. Time to make new plans maybe or to realign some!


Quilting: 

I had listed 3 quilts to finish:
 the Impromptu quilt - quilted, need binding
 the Farmer's Wife - no progress
 the mini Storm at Sea - finished and hanging in the living room



4 to progress:
the Boho Heart - no progress
Harry Potter - great progress as I'm over half way trig the blocks now
Dear Jane - no progress
another UFO - no progress

Dressmaking

I had listed 2 pieces to finish: the Morgan Jeans and the Winter Coat but haven't touched either

I had planned to make a blouse, 2 jersey dresses, 1 night dress and some PJ for the girls. 
I've made 2 blouses, 2 dresses (almost! But not jersey) and am about to start the PJ for the girls

Bags, accessories

Make a new handbag for myself (Moonwake) + 1 for my mum - no progress there!
Make some accessories with my stash of faux leather (pouches, purses etc) - I made 4 wave bags for teacher's presents and a little phone pouch for my youngest


Cross-stitch

Finish 3 more "months" of the Grimm Along and finish the center of the Nutcracker parade - very little progress as my eye sight is not so good anymore...

More sewing than quilting in the first half of the year it seems, maybe I need some projects that are relatively quicker to finish and that I can see through in a reasonable time frame when lots of things in my personal life seems to not be progressing/ never ending...

I'll keep the same quilting projects I picked on my list anyway and maybe add a summer dress, a skirt and a pair of trousers on the sewing front, and maybe also a hand sewing quilting project, I've got so many long standing ones...


Céline 

Comments

  1. It looks like you are making progress toward your goals to me! I hope that you continue to find joy in your quilting and stitching time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

Dare to Dresden - Day 5