Declic Top

 This was quite a last-minute make but thankfully it was a fast sew! I had seen the "Defi Declic" on IG organised by Atelier Scammit with their lovely free pattern and had planned to make one before the end of June, apart that again time crept up on me...

I finally cut the pattern and washed the fabric on Tuesday last week, cut the top and ironed on the interfacing on Wednesday night before assembling the top on Thursday.

It is quite an easy sew with just 4 pieces and the instructions are very clear, with lots of videos (which I must admit I didn't (need to ) watch).

The top has some lovely details with the folds on the front shoulders for example.

It is sewn with French seams (which could be a bit more difficult to manage with a thicker fabric in places) so has a very neat finish - and made me use an appropriate label!

The front neckline has a lovely V shape, maybe a little low for some but I am ok with it.

I used a classic hem for the bottom of the blouse and the armholes but thinking about it because of the very lightweight of my fabric, maybe I should have attempted a rolled hem.

The top is a straight cut so it is important to check the hip measurement as well as the bust one to make sure it is too tight. I picked 42 for the bust and scaled to 44 for the hips and this fits me well. I also used the length of the 44 size to cut my pieces.

Fabric had been in my stash for a rather long time I think, bought at the Coupons Saint Pierre  in 2017 I think). I have plenty left as this was a 3m cut.

Happy with my new blouse for the summer and another finish for June, all from my stash.

Linking to Design Wall MondayMidweek MakersWednesday Wait LossHappy Needle and ThreadPut your foot downBrag about your Beauties, Off the wall FridayCan I get a Whoop WhoopPeacock PartyPatchwork and Quilt 

Céline

Comments

  1. This is so beautiful! Lovely drape and shape to this blouse. I'm almost tempted to attempt one but my schedule is full. Thank you for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/07/05/wednesday-wait-loss-335

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

Dare to Dresden - Day 5