Scrappy baskets

 A quilting related little project, it had been a long time! I seem to be spending all my sewing time on dressmaking lately! Maybe the appeal of this particular project was that it is a fast and fun make? Anyway I joined more or less after the party, the rainbow scrappy basket quilt along organised by the Crafty Nomad last week-end.

I picked my green scrap box for my first basket 

The quilt as you go piece is quite fun to make and goes together quickly.

The trickiest part is sewing the base to the side piece. 

I had the perfect piece for the lining in my pile of larger scraps. 

With the binding on, the basket is ready to be filled!

Next on my list was a raid through my powder blue scraps to make a little basket for lit l my friend. 

I had to use 2 different fabrics for the lining as I didn't have enough of the first one I selected. 

Ready to be gifted!

With those baskets, I've spent at least 15 minutes sewing most days last week, encouraged by Kate's challenge.

Linking to Put your foot downBrag about your Beauties, Off the wall FridayCan I get a Whoop WhoopPeacock PartyPatchwork and QuiltDesign Wall MondayMidweek MakersWednesday Wait LossHappy Needle and Thread

Céline




Comments

  1. Adorables ces 2 paniers ! Et belle occasion d'utiliser de jolies chutes.
    Merci pour le partage !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little baskets! They will make perfect gifts. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/08/02/wednesday-wait-loss-339

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

Dare to Dresden - Day 5