Pencil cases - Zakka Style sew-along

This week we are making a pencil case in the Zakka style sew-along. They are very cute and quick to make, once you read the instructions correctly! I thought they'd make nice little presents so I have made a few.
The first one I made is a black and white one lined with a Makower fabric with sewing machines
 on and Essex linen in sand. I was going to have this one for myself but it will now be a present for my Mum for Mother's Day with the peg bag.
Then I made a second one with dark blue linen and some burgundy Wine fabric
which was a present for my DH. He liked it very much and has already put it in his work bag, I am flattered!
For the third one, which is now mine, I have used sand Essex linen and selvage strips that I have been saving for a while.
I used a cute Hello Kitty ribbon for this one too.
I choose the selvage carefully and used some that I have used in quilts etc for the kids. I used the same Makower fabric for the lining.
I also made one using a piece I had left from some curtain fabric (linen and cotton). I left it plain (without the strips) and used a lovely roses ribbon.
 I used a solid blush pink for the inside.
I'll keep this Shabby Chic one handy for later!

The pencil case wold make a perfect present for a teacher so I think that's what I'll be making this year...
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse