Borders and birthday

In a flashback to my archive, the quilt I will show you today can fit the 2 categories Val picked for us this week for Tuesday Archive : borders and birthday.
The quilt I will show you today (and this is another one of my pre-blog quilt) I made for my sister-in-law's 25th birthday in 2006, hence the birthday quilt. 

The centre of the quilt top I made during  the Bramble Patch Mystery Night in 2006. The Mystery Night was held for 10 years at the Bramble Patch and run by Barbara Chainey, on the last Friday of November. We would gather to the Bramble Patch at about 9 pm, start working on the warm-up project until midnight. And then we would start our main project at midnight and then sew like mad until 7 am before going for a full English breakfast. Great fun, lots of chocolate and lots of sewing! I attended for 4 years. I finished the 4 warm-up projects reasonably quickly but not the 4 main projects, 3 are still still UFOs to this day and one was finished last year (my batik stars quilt) after being kept in a bag for about 10 years! 
The birthday quilt was the warm-up project for the 2006 Mystery Night. In an attempt to make it larger and to use my scraps from the stars blocks, I used all the small triangles cut-off to build pinwheel blocks for the borders that I framed with 2 strips of purple and magenta. Et voila, a bigger quilt with a lovely border and no more scraps! I used a very simple straight line quilting and a light binding to finish it off before gifting it to my sister-in-law in December 2006 (and these are the only 2 pictures I have of this quilt).


Linking to Val Archive Tuesday.
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

It is snowing...