A new dress

It has taken me nearly a year.... I made my Moneta dress last year in February and stashed quite a few jersey afterwards to make more but of course, that didn't happen so when a sew-along came on Facebook to make a Miss Ruby Tuesday Dress by 1 Puddle Lane in a week (!), yes I know ... one week, I thought it would be good to join so I would have a new dress by the first week-end of February. Plus I already had a few jersey to choose from!

I started well, printing the pattern on day one, cutting the muslin on day 2 and then work got in the way I had completely fell off the track. I tried to catch up last week-end but that just never happened...

So this week I decided to try and go little steps at a time. I managed to make the neckline and it came out so nice, I was really happy! I was dreading it I must admit.

And finally yesterday I ignored everything else and decided to get on with my dress and finish it. 



I am glad I did. It is freezing cold here today but I wore my beautiful dress anyway, it is just so comfy, I love it. 

Let's hope I won't wait for another year before making another one.

And this one (and probably only) OPAM for February as well as my One monthly goal.
Linking to Whoop Whoop Friday.

Celine

Comments

  1. Very nice! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

It is snowing...