The quilt is gifted

Finally just in time, the stars quilt from the Sewing Stars Quilt Along is finished and gifted! And I think she liked it 😊
This was my first time trying quilt as you go. I squared up my 4 big blocks after finishing quilting, and of course it was a little tricky because quilting made the pieces shrink a bit. And in the tutorial on Stitched in colour blog, a 3/8' seam allowance to assemble the blocks is recommended. That meant that I lost some of my points but hopefully it will be more resistant.
At the difference of a quilt that is done at once with this method,  the backing fabric still need to be added once the quilted pieces are assembled.  And the backing fabric needs to be secured to the top. I quilted in the ditch in a few places befire adding the binding fabric, again with a 3/8' seam allowance.
I am not sure I am really sold on this method but it is a good one when the top to be quilted is too big for the frame. I'm not sure if I'll try again or not, I must admit I'm not 100% sold on it. The quilt was so big that it took me quite a few hours to sew the binding by hand on the back.
And of course I finished it with a little label before gifting it to a lovely lady close to my heart.
One more OPAM and one of my Q4 FAL list too. This is also my December One Monthly Goal.
Celine

Comments

  1. What a lovely and fun quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is pretty. Congrats on getting it finished.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse