Christmas dress

There was really little time to sew before Christmas and of course lots of projects. On my list of selfish sewing, one item I was really hoping to make myself a Christmas dress. I had bought some festive jersey fabric during Black Friday that was ideal for a comfy dress. I wasn't sure which pattern to pick and finally settled on the Moneta dress by Colette Patterns. The Moneta was my first ever dress and I had only planned to make more but never did. I finally got the pattern out and cut my pieces one evening. 
I planned 2h30 as my sewing window to make the dress (which was about the time I had anyway). I constructed the complete dress with my overlocker so it went together quickly. 
I used my machine to shirr the skirt and to hem the neckline, the sleeves and the skirt.
The dress was indeed finished in 2h30, even the label was sewn.
Sewing in a set time has made me thought that maybe I would be more productive if I estimated the time needed for a project before starting. Or maybe that would at least help me to draw some more realistic lists. 
Linking to Whoop Whoop Friday.

This was my last finish for 2019, my last OPAM and my last of my Q4 FAL list.

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Blog hop and a giveaway

Dare to Dresden - Day 5