Quilting frame bags

Not exactly exciting sewing today but I am happy I have done it. After finishing my quilting, we took the frame apart but I didn't put it away. I have been meaning to make some bags to keep the parts of the frame together for quite some time but never got around to it. I guess it is quite a boring and easy project so it has not been top priority. 


And I knew that if I put the parts away I would still not make them. So this afternoon, I went into my stash where I found a bed sheet (?) that someone gave me a while ago. I made one bag for the rods from part of it with it


My rods are 7ft long so the bag was very long!

And another one for the side panels and the "tray". 

I went to the trouble of hemming the top correctly 


and also to serge the sides

And now my quilting frames part are stored away in 2 drawstring bags.

First one of my Q2 FAL list and first finishes for April.


Celine

Comments

  1. Well these little steps inbetween getting a project ready take a lot of time too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you to get a little project done. I'm sure the bags will help keep dust from the frame parts. Now back to "fun" stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must feel so good to get that long standing project off your list! No more feeling guilty. And you did such a great job, serging the seams and finishing the hem. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

It is snowing...