An old friend - with HST

 In 2016, I joined the Modern HST quilt-along with Alyce. I didn't quite follow through but eventually caught up with the blocks in January 2019. I had all but one block done and a problem: I didn't have enough background fabric left for the last block. 

I searched online, ordered some, my order was cancelled because the fabric was out of stock. I launched an appeal online but never got any reply. So I was stuck with 23 blocks, not sure what to do to finish it off. 


And finally earlier this month, I decided that I could make the top with 20 blocks and use the 3 extra for the back. Finally this week I found the blocks and the rest of the fabric and started laying it all up. I also found a few extra HST that I decided I could arrange into one last block to be back to the original plan of 24 blocks. So I made this block with a mix of 3'' and 4'' HSTs. 


And then I laid all the blocks on the floor...


and decided that maybe a square quilt 5x5 would be nicer so maybe I could try and make yet another block, why not?!

So I unpicked the block I did the day before and decided not to mix the 3'' and 4'' HSTs and somehow try to make 2 blocks out of those. 

With those extra 2 blocks, I had enough for a square quilt top, which I now need to piece together, hopefully this week...  Wish me luck!

That's 3 blocks for this month (even though one has been unpicked!) and an old UFO out of the box. Such a nice feeling!

Linking to Brag about your Beauties, Off the wall FridayPeacock Party Whoop Whoop Friday, Patchwork and QuiltsMonday Making, Monday Design Wall

Celine

Comments

  1. Bravo, bel assemblage, et belle idée ingénieuse ! Ton quilt va être superbe !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great solution. The fabrics are very pretty. I especially like the red origami fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!