I decided to go for the Suki "short-cover" hack option from Helen's blog partly because I didn't have much fabric and also because of the use I wanted of it.
Because the fabric is really sheer, I used French seams which I thought would look neater.
The pattern comes together beautifully and is easy to make (specially this simpler version) and is also easy to wear. I finished the sleeves with hand stitching to have a neater finish.
I loved the pattern so much that I bought some cotton waffle fabric to make myself a dressing gown... now if I could also buy "time".
So my Suki wasn't finished in June but never mind, it is finished and I have already enjoyed wearing it.