Teacher's present

2 more weeks until school breaks up and we have been having an incredible hot and sunny spell here, which makes everyone long for the holidays even more! I must admit that despite having some quieter time this week-end, my motivation to do anything was close to 0 and I didn't manage to do as much as I had hoped! Anyway, that's OK because I have at least finished one more teacher's present. And this is so unlike me, not to scramble at the last minute and finish at midnight the day before... maybe with age, I am a little more reasonable. Or fearful not to make it because at the moment sewing time in the evenings has all but disappeared sadly!

Anyway this one is for my youngest daughter's lovely teacher and is another open-wide pouch using once again the
 tutorial by Stitch Mischief that I discovered last week. I used the same coated cotton fabric from the Cloth House Warehouse sale that I had used before with some lovely cotton glittery fabric that I bought recently for the outside. It lovely and bright!

And for the inside I found a cheerful and lovely "French" print on an Instagram destash recently that I knew would be perfect for just those pouches for the teachers. The only thing with the tutorial cutting the lining as one single piece is that it doesn't quite work for directional prints, unless you don't mind having one side upside down. And of course, I only realised that after I had cut and interfaced my piece. Because it bothered me, I cut it in half and sew it back together to have both side the right way up.
I now have an exact same one cut out for my son's teacher too. I was planning to sew both in parallel but when I hit that issue with the directional print, I thought it would be safer to finish one first and see how it went.
But for now, this is one very last project I can link to Q2 FAL since the linky party is not closed yet. The next pouch will be for the Q3 FAL list!
One OPAM for July and half of my One monthly goal
Also linking to Whoop Whoop Friday and Let's Bee Social.

Celine

Comments

  1. Lucky teachers!! On behalf of the global hosts, thank you for linking up to the FAL.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

I am Hesat blouse

Little more progress

Blog hop - welcome and giveaway