Mending

Why does it always take so long??? My mum made me a pair of palazzo style pants based on one I had and loved a few years back. But she cut the elastic for the waist too short and it was just too tight to be comfortable to wear. I wore it for a year or two before deciding it really needed to be fixed. So I unpicked the waistband probably about one or two years ago, bought some elastic and parked it! I guess my issue was not knowing the length to use since the elastic is in the back only. 

I've been spending most of my "holidays" decluterring so after shredding 4 bins of paper, it felt right to pick this abandoned piece...

After a few trials and errors, it is finished and back in my wardrobe! Yeah! Not perfectly done but perfectly wearable 🙂

Mending is good, especially when I love this very special Liberty Hello Kitty fabric. 😍

Celine

Comments

  1. Mending is not fun. I also hate to hem blue jeans. But it’s such a wonderful feeling when it’s done, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been decluttering and shredding too, but probably I should get to mending when I am done with the paper.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!