Summer dress

On the calendar it's still summer, through the window it looks like winter. It's the late summer Bank Holiday this Monday in the UK and it certainly doesn't feel like late summer, rather middle of autumn. Today was wet, grey and cold too, so what a better time to finish my next heatwave dress really? 😄 I guess it'll be ready for next summer. Or I could wear it with thick tights and a turtleneck but that defeat the purpose a little!

I tried to put my sunglasses on to entice the sun while taking pictures but it just didn't work...

Good thing you can't see the goosebumps!

The dress is a quick make really. I bought the pattern when it came out last year and hasn't tried it yet. I picked the mini dress with the neckline B.

I cut the size 12 but because I'm tall, I added 2.5'' to the length so it didn't come out too short. 

I used the strip facing method to finish the armhole and neckline. It is a little fiddly and of course it doesn't help to start by doing it wrong.... my first armhole stretched out of shape a little but a good amount of steam definitely helped! And of course, I had to finish it off with a lovely KATM label!

Fabric had been in my stash for about 2 or 3 years. I ordered it to make a Kielo dress but was sent the wrong amount so I received a second piece for the Kielo and was told to keep this one. 🙂 it's now been put to good use!

Another OPAM for August which wasn't on the Q3 FAL list. 


Celine

Comments

  1. What a cute little dress! I can see it in so many ways! How about in black with a delicate shawl and boots? Oh! It's lovely! I love your last photo! You look so free and happy! Beautiful, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's a cute dress! You look beautiful in it. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!