Double wedding ring

 Not long after I first started quilting, I decided I would make a Double Wedding Ring quilt for my parents' 30th wedding anniversary. 

I bought John Flynn's book to use his method where you cut strips of fabric that you assemble. You then slice the pieces and you sew back to make an arch. It is quite difficult to explain but a lot easier and quicker than cutting some shaped pieces. Before starting on "the" quilt, I decided I should practice so I picked some Christmas fabric to make some blocks. 

Of course, once I was confident with the method, the Christmas pieces got parked away for later and I decided to get started on the real one. Well, those pieces have been stashed away for all that time (nearly 20 years) and I never did anything with them, I doubt I will ever do. So last week-end I decided it was time to let them go to someone else, who will hopefully make something of them.

I had previously posted the complete story behind my double wedding ring for my parents and how I finished it just in time for my dad to see it and sleep under it before he passed away. 




Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!