A new sundress

 Actually, this is another UFO! but not such an old one. After I finished my Calvin wrap dress by True Bias last year, I decided to cut another one. I don't have that many summery sundress in my wardrobe actually and I really like the fit of the one I had just made. I had this fitted bed sheet that was wearing thin at the corners but was still good otherwise and that had a lovely design. So I decided to cut another Calvin wrap dress then and there. All the cutting was done last year but never managed to start the sewing. I guess it might have been the pressing of the bias binding that put me off1

With the #sewtogetherforsummer challenge on Instagram being a sundress, I knew I needed to finish this one by the deadline, Summer Day (today). I was hoping to make more summer dresses actually (looking in your direction Frankie Tankie or Rose City Halter Dress...) but of course I ran out of time! 

Anyway after a franctic morning of cooking and cleaning on Saturday morning, I decided that I would take the afternoon to do some sewing. The weather is no longer summery here but never mind.

The instructions in the pattern are well written and very easy to follow so after I had finally pressed all the binding, the fun could start! 


My fabric is really tightly weaved so it doesn't seem to fray and it is quite hard to pin but nevertheless I overlocked the edges for a cleaner finish.

I also added a pocket which the original pattern doesn't have, I am not sure I placed it on the right side of the dress since it is the overlapping side.

Now I am ready for summer, but I am not sure summer is ready for me... it was 14°C today...



Linking to Monday Making, Monday Design WallMidweek MakersWednesday Wait Loss

Celine

Comments

  1. Hoping you get warmer weather soon to wear your dress because it is oh so cute on you! Love that flower fabric and the color is perfect for you. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss. I hope to see more summer dresses soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!