BQL challenge

This week was also the deadline for the BQL challenge. To get the next password a picture of the finished quilt (at least the top) has to be posted on the BQL website by 30th of the month. So on Monday I started planning how I was going to do this month one, which was a play on dark and light with log cabin blocks. I choose blue and brown colours and decided to do 4 triangles in my square: 2 blue (1 dark, 1 light) and 2 brown (1 dark, 1 light). I frantically sew my blocks Monday and Tuesday night before bed time to meet the deadline. The finished quilt is a 12' square but unfortunately when I calculated the sizes of my logs, I forgot to take into account that there are some on each side of the center square so my quilt has come out about 18' square. I might use it as a cushion I think...

Anyway, here is a picture of my quilt top (it is not quilted yet)

And I am some glad I made this one on time as this month challenge is awesome. Hopefully I'll be able to get it started soon to post a picture in good time. All those are designed by Kandy at A Break at Home and they are brilliant, I really enjoy them.

Today was a very nice day with our monthly quilting day at my local group. I have managed to piece 2 table runners and should be posting a picture soon.

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am Hesat blouse

Little more progress

September in the Hexagon!