Busy week-end

As I hinted in my previous post, yesterday was a lovely and busy day. I managed to piece 2 table runners: a Christmas one for us. The squares I used in the centre are the same one that I used for the Scrappy Christmas blocks swap I did in August.
and a close-up at the fabric:
and a Cat one, which will probably be a Christmas present for my mother-in-law. I bought the cat fabric a few years back to use the square to make postcards and I have made... one card to date!
and a close-up at the fabric:
Of course there are not finished but I enjoyed making the tops AND I used all fabrics from my stash which is quite nice.
Today I went to an exhibition held by the Icknield Quilters Group. It was really nice with a good variety of lovely quilts. I was very impressed by a quilt made with Dear Jane blocks from 4' to 1' (no, it isn't a typo). Can you see the 4 blocks in the center of star, they are 1' each.
I am sorry I can't remember the name of the lady who made it but well done to her. This was my entry for the visitor choice.
This week-end I also finished my last hexie for the pot luck on the GHQA-2 and my set of 12 dotty hexies will be in the post to Cyprus tomorrow to the lucky winner Valentina! Hope they get there soon.
Finally I finished my bag for the Friendship Bag Swap organised by Michele at the Quilting Gallery and that will be in the post to America tomorrow too. I will post a picture when it has reached its final destination.
No more pictures for today. Time to go to bed! Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am Hesat blouse

Little more progress

Blog hop - welcome and giveaway