Bee Europa 2011 - January 2012

This month we are making blocks for Ulrike who sent us 2 white strips and 2 printed strips of fabrics and asked us to make some Bento box blocks with them.


Amelie found a very good tutorial to make the blocks from the Quilts of Love blog and the blocks got together very quickly. So much so that I have decided to make a quilt for myself as well. I have combined this with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. The colour is red this month so I have made 2 red Bento box blocks. Although I am slightly cheating because I haven't used scraps for my blocks but fabrics from my stash. These are fabrics I bought because I thought there were pretty but without a project in mind and the fabrics have been sitting in my stash ever since (some of them for over 5 years I guess), waiting for the right quilt/time. I was also scared of cutting it off because there are pretty - how silly! Anyway, here is a way to use and ENJOY the fabrics I bought because I liked them!
Anyway here is my first red block
and my second with a Japanese import fabric I bought years ago
Now I am not sure how to sew my Bento box block together, should I mix them up like this
or should I keep the same fabric together?
What do you think, which looks the best? Let me know your thoughts, hubby and I have different opinions on the matter!
See you soon with more!
Celine

Comments

  1. ooh! Liking the red blocks...I like the block with the same material together...however its your quilt xx Have fun with it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are lovely and I do like those red and white ones. But I guess that they would look just as good mixed with other bright colours (not a lot of help here, am I!). Have fun with whatever you decide to do

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5