Blog hop starting soon, quilt along, BOM and new bee

Soma has posted on Flicker that she is starting a Spring blog hop in April. Well it isn't really spring here, but we can dream! It will all start on 1 April and will go on for a month, with 10 paper pieced patterns. Check it there if you are interested.



And while visiting Soma's blog, I wandered around and hop onto this blog where there is a BOM for Lord of the Rings fans,
All that is gold does not glitter,


Not all who wander are lost;


The old that is strong does not wither,


Deep roots are not reached by the frost.


From the ashes a fire shall be woken,


A light form the shadows shall spring;


Renewed shall be blade that was broken,


The crownless again shall be king.

started in January so it isn't too late to catch up if you wish. Something I should add on my list for my hubby...

or maybe the previous BOM from 2011 would be better?

They fell to talking of their times together, of course, and Bilbo asked how things were going in the lands of the Mountain. It seemed they were going very well. Bard had rebuilt the town in Dale and men had gathered to him from the Lake and from South and West, and all the valley had become tilled again and rich, and the desolation was now filled with birds and blossoms in spring and fruit and feasting in autumn. And Lake-town was refounded and was more prosperous than ever, and much wealth went up and down the Running River; and there was friendship in those parts between elves and dwarfs and men.

The Hobbit, ch. 19

Lee over at Freshly Pieced is also starting a lovely quilt along that she has called Bloom Bloom Pow!
I was going to order the Pearl Bracelets to make the quilt but this turns out a bit expensive here in the UK. I think I'll keep the idea for the Simply Solids Bee and might ask my fellow bees to make me some blocks?


And finally Patty is just starting a + and x bee. I have just joined her because I love this block. We are starting making blocks from May, dare to join the fun? Hop over to her Flicker group to sign in.
Have fun!
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Blog hop and a giveaway

Dare to Dresden - Day 5