Teacher's present - part one!

So I haven't post for a long time because I have been really busy behind my sewing machine! The school holidays finally started last Wednesday so of course it was a last minute rush to finish the teachers' presents.
Miss Strawberrry Shortcake only started school last April but she has 3 teachers in her class so of course that meant 3 presents and Mr Cars has one teacher and one teacher's assistant, so that was an extra 2 presents. Mr Cars' teacher was extremely good with him this year after a bad year last year so we choose an extra special gift for her. In the class, the kids are placed on the Super Star chart when they are good/doing extra well. Mr Cars judged that his teacher would be on the Super Star and we decided on a cushion with a Super Star inspired by the Christmas Tree pillow in the Pretty in Patchwork - Holidays book.




I designed my star on paper and calculated I needed 22 x 2' squares to cover the star shape. But when I came to the cutting stage, I used the wrong Sizzix die and cut my squares 2' instead of 2.5' (one of the problem of starting a project late at night!). Never mind, it only meant that my cushion would be smaller than originally planned! So I sew my squares together to form my star and then quilted it onto the batting
before adding the top layer, I used a lovely Moda marmalade stripy fabric and muslin at the back to draw my star.
to get a lovely quilted top -front
and back
ready to be finished off as a cushion with a solid green binding..

And here it is a Super Star cushion for a Super Star teacher and one OPAM for July. And I finally one project to post on the Threadbias sew-along!
Linking to Let's Get Acquainted Monday and Sew Darn Crafty.
Coming back soon with more!
Celine

Comments

  1. It's a lovely cushion Celine and sure to be loved and treasured :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a really thoughtful gift! I'm sure it will be loved!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!