Joining a new quilt-along.... very late

When the Halo Quilt Along was announced back in March, I had all intentions to join in with the fun. I ordered the book, printed the template and set on using my stash of Liberty fabrics. But I worked on other projects and never got started... 

Finally earlier this month, I got my box of Liberty out and went through those packs of scraps I had bought over the years to start cutting the pieces. 

Cutting always take forever but in a way sometimes it is quite therapeutic when tired/fed up/exhausted etc... So I have quietly and slowly been doing some cutting on the evenings when there was so time left before bed time. I haven't got all the pieces I need yet and crucially I haven't decided on the arcs fabric yet but I will hopefully soon be ready to start piecing. I guess the sew-along is nearly over now but never mind, I'll go at my own pace.... it is not a race after all....


Linking to Monday Design WallMonday MakingWednesday Wait LossMidweek Makers, Needle and Thread ThursdayPeacock Party

Celine

Comments

  1. Those are such pretty fabrics. I look forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Liberty fabrics, it's going to be a beautiful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it's not a race! So proud of you for joining in, even late in the game. I love Liberty fabrics and your stash is so gorgeous! You'll be glad you started this. I know I am. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5