Rainbow quilt

During my quilting marathon last month, I quilted this "lockdown rainbow" quilt made up from a stash of blocks that had resurfaced after over 10 or 15 years at the bottom of a draw...
I quilted clouds on the blue squares and various rainbows or other designs on the coloured squares.

For the binding, I used left over strips that I found in my scrap baskets.Finally this month I finished sewing the binding by hand at the back. 
All that was left to do, was my least favorite job, to bury the thread ends. But I am happy that is all done now.
A true UFO and also a stash buster since I have used left over fabric for the backing and binding as well as very old blocks lying around. 
Rainbow was my One monthly goal for June.

Quilt stats:
blocks from pre-2010 and left-over from Scrappy trip quilt made in 2019
assembled 7x7 in April 2020
backing and binding from my stash
quilted in May 2020 (during lockdown) with King Tut #
Size: 56' square


One very old UFO no more, one quilty OPAM for June and one of my Q2 FAL list.

Linking to Monday Design Wall,  Wednesday Wait LossMidweek Makers, Needle and Thread ThursdayWhoop Whoop Friday and to One monthly goal

Celine

Comments

  1. Way to knock out a UFO!! I really like the understated rainbow effect that you created. I'm usually an in-your-face, super-BRIGHT rainbow quilt kind of girl! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your finish, and for having eliminated a very old UFO! I love the rainbow ray across the blocks, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you quilted this! So beautiful with the blue blocks as the sky and the rainbow scattered throughout. Love it! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a great looking finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!