Mushrooms

The weather was OK on Sunday, i.e. it didn't rain so we took the opportunity to go on a walk in our local RSPB wood. It is only down the road but I must admit I had only been once! While we were walking, we saw lots of fungi/mushrooms including these beautiful but dangerous ones


I remember seeing pictures of those on a poster my mum had from our local chemist warning that it was a dangerous species of mushroom but I had never, until now, seen one in reality. There were so many on our walks and some perfectly picturesque ones. Those cute fly amanita are nonetheless very toxic so we observed them but didn't touch them!

It was all the more fitting that I finished my red mushroom for the Super Mario quilt this week.

Linking to Wednesday Wait LossMidweek Makers

Celine

Comments

  1. How serendipitous! Love your adorable mushroom block, and those gorgeous although poisonous mushrooms. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse