Farmer's Wife - again

My day didn't got according to plans as I spent part of it in bed feeling sick. I eventually got up at the same time as Miss Baby woke up from her nap, not much free time really. Anyway, I managed to squeeze just enough time to make one Farmer's Wife block after reading Elaine's post yesterday on her Summercrafter blog. So I started by unpicking the block I made about 2 years ago
[1] Attic Window
And cut some plain fabric for the background before setting off to sew again. And... I sew the traingles the round way around so I unpicked again - argg and finally finished my Attic Window block.
I must say I much prefer this version. I didn't use the templates to make the block but cut some squares and HSTs as I prefer this method. But wait, that's not all.I even made a second block. I made
[31] Evening Star block
Again I didn't use the template to make this block. I used the no-waste flying geese method for the geese. If you want to use the same method, you can find a tutorial here. You will need a 4 1/4' square (background) and 4 x 2.5' squares. Oh and I used the print fabric for the center of star rather than the background because I preferred it that way!
So let's see if I can keep up with Elaine and really re-start my Farmer's Wife quilt. Stay tuned!
Linking to Sew Darn Crafty.
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!