Working on new projects

Along with catching up on my blocks, I have also started 2 (oops!) new projects.

I decided to join the The Stitching Pixie Barrel bag sew along. I have a rather large stash (I know, what a surprise!) of heavier fabrics that I bought to make bags that have never been made so I went through it and picked this Toile de Jouy piece that I bought years ago to make a quilt that I will never make. 

I caught up as much as I could as I hadn't ordered the hardware or gros-grain yet. 

It all arrived yesterday so I should be able to catch up and continue with the sew-along, 

It's not too late to join and I have thoroughly enjoyed making this bag... well at least so far!
And I have already learned new things, for the first time I have cut binding on the bias and made piping.

And I have also finished all the cutting for the birthday quilt
Stems and Stones Quilt Pattern

Now the sewing can start, eventually!

 And if you need more temptation, Rosa has left a comment on my previous post to let me know about the Hexathon that Barbara Brackman has just started... now I can't resist hexagons.... let's see how long I try....
Linking to Needle and Thread Thursday.

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am Hesat blouse

Little more progress

September in the Hexagon!